NMEA 2000 Bridge YDNB-07
Unifies two physical NMEA 2000 networks into a single logical network, smoothly exchanging messages between them. The Bridge also support filtering and processing of transmitted messages and contains a built-in compiler of a simple programming language. You can create message processing programs on any device with a MicroSD socket and a text editor. One of the CAN-interfaces on the device has high-voltage galvanic isolation and can operate at a higher supply voltage.
Yacht Devices NMEA Bridge unifies two physical NMEA 2000 networks into a single logical network, smoothly exchanging messages between them. The Device also supports filtering and processing of transmitted messages.
This can accomplish the following tasks:
- Bypass the physical limits of NMEA 2000 networks concerning length of networks (100 meters for regular cable and 250 meters for heavy or mid-type cable) and concerning the maximum number (50) of physical devices attached to the network. On a network with address capacity of 252, multiple bridges can be engaged to expand to around 250 physical devices.
- Isolate devices from each other. Using the simple filter, you can block transmission of all or of selected messages from a given device in a separate subnet.
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment. Correct the transducer offset of the depth sounder, or “delete” invalid data in messages from equipment that is only partially operational using a 2- or 3-line script.
- Ensure compatibility of equipment from different generations. You can create and send any type of NMEA 2000 message using data from other messages in the network.
- Diagnose malfunctions in the NMEA 2000 network. The Device can record network messages and debug data from custom programs on a MicroSD card in a text file. You can view the data in a standard text editor on a smartphone or tablet with a MicroSD slot, there is no need for a computer. You can even create and edit programs for the Device right on your phone!
- Free diagnostics software is supplied for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It allows to play, view and convert binary log files with NMEA 2000 messages from both CAN interfaces.
- Safely connect devices that do not meet NMEA 2000 standards. One of the CAN-interfaces on the device has high-voltage galvanic isolation and can operate at a higher supply voltage.
- Create gateways for networks based on CAN protocol operating at a speed of 250 kbps. The programming language of the device is not designed for full-fledged applications, but one can create, for example, a gateway from a J1939 network to NMEA 2000.
Picture 1. Scheme of a typical installation
The Bridge is equipped with two connectors (on CAN1 and CAN2 network interfaces) compatible with Raymarine SeaTalk NG or with two connectors compatible with NMEA 2000 Micro Male (used in Garmin networks). For other networks, an adaptor cable may be required. Drawing of connectors is available in Appendix C of the User Manual.
NMEA2000 Micro Male, Raymarine Seatalk NG
Yacht Devices are shipped Free via Air Mail directly from the manufacturer in Europe. Expected delivery is 2-3 weeks from receipt of order. Duty and import costs, if applicable, are not included in the price.
Engine Gateway YDEG-04
Gateway for Volvo Penta, BRP Rotax, SmartCraft (Mercury, Mercruiser) and J1939 engines to NMEA 2000 marine electronics network. It will provide you with engine revolutions, motor hours, coolant temperature, battery voltage, warning and alarms, fuel rate and other data on the screen of your chart plotter. No extra cables required in most cases thanks to a built-in Y-connector.
The Barometer is intended for measuring atmospheric pressure within the range from 300 to 1100 hPa (mbar). The sensor is located inside the device case. Many chartplotters and digital navigation instruments are able to display data on pressure in the form of graphs or show a trend indicator; this allows tracking of trends in the weather change. The Device dimensions, including the connector, are 54x20x20mm, the mass is only 11 grams, so it is suitable for racing yachts. Pressure data output resolution 0.01 hPa (mbar), absolute measurement accuracy is ±1 hPa, relative measurement accuracy is ±0.12 hPa.
Voyage Recorder YDVR-04
Never forget exciting moments of your voyages, have proof of strong winds and great storms, accumulate data for future voyages and analyze your races, generate logbooks and diagnose problems. The Recorder is intended for storing data from the onboard network of the vessel on a MicroSD memory card. The software that comes with the Recorder is installed on a desktop computer and allows GPX and CSV files to be generated with the vessel’s track and extensive information about the sailing conditions, including weather, depth, engine, and even tracks of nearby vessels with AIS. GPX files can be viewed in Google Earth, Garmin MapSource and other cartographic applications. CSV files may be opened in spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc to visualize data using charts and build the graphic reports.
Humidity Sensor YDHS-01
Provides chart plotters and instrumental displays with humidity and air temperature measurements and calculated dew point temperature. High quality sensor with ±2 % RH and ±0.3 °C accuracy in most of the operating range. The device is plug and play; you only need to plug it into a NMEA 2000 backbone to get readings on all chart plotters and instruments on board.