CAN Log Viewer
CAN Log Viewer is designed to view and analyze live data from NMEA 2000 and J1939 networks, as well as log files recorded by our products and Raymarine chart plotters. This software can configure and update the firmware of our products not eqipped with a MicroSD card, and display historical data from sensors. Works on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Max OS X.
CAN Log Viewer software is a free viewer, player, recorder and converter of CAN (Controller Area Network) logs. It can play your CAN recordings or display live data from our USB and Wi-Fi gateways on a PC screen in real time and highlight changing data.
Picture 1. Screenshot of CAN Log Viewer, click to enlarge
Since version 1.10, the program can list NMEA 2000 devices and show their properties (product and configuration information). If the program is connected using USB Gateway YDNU-02 or Wi-Fi Gateway YDWG-02, it also can enumerate NMEA 2000 devices, change its network addresses, device and system instances, configuration information (some manufacturers use it to change device’s settings), and update firmware of supported devices.
CAN logs contain network level data and compatible with any high level protocol, including J1939 and NMEA 2000. This simple tool will help you:
- view live and recorded network data in binary and readable form (using built-in viewers available for major J1939 and NMEA 2000 data types);
- list, configure and update NMEA 2000 devices (see the video);
- display historical data from our sensors;
- manage 84 loads from 3 digital switching banks;
- view Raymarine SeaTalk NG log files;
- identify what data are available on the network;
- with setup and troubleshooting of NMEA 2000 and J1939 equipment (more than 2000 J1939 DTC descriptions in database);
- analyze unknown CAN protocols (see Manual for a real example);
- convert log files to a spreadsheet and text formats for future processing;
- convert data prepared in a spreadsheet file for playing on a physical CAN network by Voyage Recorder;
- convert CAN logs with NMEA 2000 data to the format of YDVR Converter software (.DAT file);
- analyze recordings of Engine Gateway and NMEA 2000 Bridge;
- monitor live data from NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway;
- record .CAN files from serial, TCP and UDP ports of NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway.
NMEA 2000 USB Gateway YDNU-02
Bi-directional gateway allows you to see data from a NMEA 2000 marine digital network on a PC, laptop or tablet PC with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS or Linux. With it, you get marine network data including vessel course, speed, position, wind speed and direction, water depth, AIS messages from vessels and aircrafts and other navigation data in PC applications.
WS500 Configuration Tool-Pro Version 1 Year$99.95Select options
WS500 Smart Regulator Configuration Tool, Pro Version, 1 Year License 10 License pack !!
April 6, 2020 New Version 1.2.0 includes support for firmware level 2.2.0 just released by Wakespeed!!
Not sure which version you need? Here’s a quick overview:
If you just want to monitor your already installed and configured WS500 then the free version is likely all you need
If you want to be able to edit your profile, adjust regulator settings and backup/restore your profile, then the “Config” version is likely what you need
If you want to have all of the above functionality plus do comprehensive troubleshooting, fine tuning and historical data logging then you need to go with the “PRO” package
Windows 64 bit file format. Works on Windows 7 SP1 Windows 10. XP is NOT supported.
This purchase is valid for 10 installations. Lots of licenses for your techs and installers too.
This tool works in conjunction with the WS500 regulator to provide monitoring, configuration, programming, and troubleshooting functions depending on the version you purchase. For more detail watch video by clicking the red arrow in top corner of the product image.
WIFI Gateway, Yacht Devices YDWG02
If you wish to see marine data from a smartphone, you should choose the Wi-Fi Gateway. It can join an existing Wi-Fi network on board or establish its own. It is also a bi-directional gateway, and can also convert NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 and vice versa for compatibility with outdated software. The Web Gauges page of the internal website allow viewing of realtime vessel data (position, depth, wind, course and speed, engine, etc.) using a web browser on PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. This listing is for the item on the right that connects to your NMEA2000 network.